These delicious muffins are so easy to make. They have dates and walnuts for added flavour, which you can replace with your favourite dried nuts, seeds and fruit.
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (or preferred sweetener)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup (220g) apple puree/sauce
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced (355°F).
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana and combine with apple sauce and oil.
- In another mixing bowl, combine and mix all dry ingredients as well as dates and walnuts.
- Add the wet mixture slowly to the dry mixture, stirring and folding until just combined.
- Grease a muffin tin and scoop equal portions of the batter into the tins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted cleanly.