This recipe is a perfect lunch or dinner. It’s vegan, easily gluten free, but free, easy to make and full of flavour. This recipe will make you want seconds.
Serves 3-4 – Takes 40 minutes
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (about 6) chopped mushrooms (I used cup)
- 1 can (400g) stir fry veggies, rinsed (I used mixed water chestnut, bean sprouts and baby corn)
- 2-3 handfuls of baby spinach (or preferred leafy green)
- 150g preferred noodles, prepared to packet instructions (I used ramen)
- 1 300g packet silken tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 bottle (90ml) Thai chilli basil stir fry sauce
- 2-3 tbsp neutral oil (I used rice bran)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (use apple cider or white vinegar for a substitute)
- 2 tbsp mirin (or preferred liquid sweetener)
- Heat up oil in large frying pan on high heat. Add thai chilli basil sauce and heat until it is fragrant.
- Add broccoli, cooking for a few minutes. Add carrot, stir well and cook for 5 minutes, or until nearly cooked through.
- Add mushrooms, stirring to combine. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, or until broccoli is just under cooked.
- Add stir fry veggies, silken tofu and stir well to marinate all ingredients. Add 1/2 water, soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar and mix well to coat all ingredients. Cook on a high heat until nearly all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add noodles, and baby spinach, stirring well and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then turn off heat and let rest, such that all liquid is absorbed by the noodles.