This chocolate museli is vegan, nut free and can be easily made gluten free. It’s full of protein with chia and flax seeds, pepitas and oats ensuring you stay full. I love eating this as a breakfast, snack, dessert, or after a work out for a boost of protein.
Museli bars can be full of hidden sugars and artificial ingredients. This museli is so simple and lasts a week in a cool dry place. Bring it to work, school or serve to guests.
Serves 30 – Takes 2 hours
- 1/2 cup of mixed chia and flax seeds
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) of water
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pepitas (use whatever nuts or seeds you prefer)
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut (optional)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or preferred liquid sweetener)
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 block of baking chocolate- chopped into small pieces (I used semi dark)
- Soak the chia and flax seeds in water for 45 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 180°C (355°F).
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients, mix to combine.
- Pour in the maple syrup, vanilla and oil, stirring to combine.
- Gradually add the chia and flax mixture, stirring and breaking up any lumps of chia and flax seeds.
- Line a casserole dish with baking paper, gently pour in mixture and smooth out with a spatula (or the back of a spoon).
- Bake for 45 minutes, cut into bars or bite size pieces while warm.