These pancakes are only 5 ingredients, they’re fluffy, easy to make and best of all, they’re vegan.
Making pancakes from scratch is something that sounds hard and time consuming but this pancake batter is only 5 ingredients and requires no resting time. I hope you enjoy eating these as much as I do.
Serves 3-4 – Takes 30-40 minutes
- Margarine (to cook) – optional
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 2/3 cups milk (I used soy)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 heaped tbsp desiccated coconut, can replace with almond meal
- Slice banana and place in a large mixing bowl. Mash, leaving few lumps.
- Add flour to the mashed banana and mix through.
- Pour soy milk and vanilla, stir to incorporate.
- Add coconut, stir to incorporate.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Melt a teaspoon of margarine into the pan. Use a soup ladel to pour the batter into the pan. Flip when lots of bubbles appear on the surface, and the underside of the pancake is golden brown. Use more margarine for each pancake.