This Mexican tofu scramble is a great lunch or dinner. it’s fast, easy, full of protein and being vegan and gluten-free it’s perfect for anyone.
I made this dish for lunch and it was a hit for everyone that tried it. I hope you enjoy it too.
Serves 4 – Takes 15 minutes
- 1 packet (300g) of extra firm tofu
- 1 tin (420g) of red kidney beans (you can use black beans)
- 1 zuchinni/corguette- chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic- crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika (I used smoked)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes (or based on your chilli tolerance)
- 1-2 cups of water
- Heat oil on high in a non-stick pan
- Add garlic and cook until golden brown
- Add kidney beans and the zuchinni, cooking for a few minutes.
- Add all the spices and stir through the beans and zuchinni.
- Pat dry and roughly chop the tofu into small pieces. Add to the beans and zuchinni. As well as 1 cup of water.
- Stir mixture, add tomato paste, and cook until water evaporates. If needed, add more water to continue cooking the mixture and to add more flavour to the tofu scramble.