This hearty Quinoa porridge is an amazing way to start the day. It’s not only nutritious but vegan and gluten-free.
This is a breakfast I love making before university or on the weekend when I just want something both delicious and filling. It’s full of good fats, protein, and vitamins. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Serves 1 – Takes 25-30 minutes
- 1/3 cup Quinoa (I used tri-colour)
- 1 2/3 cup milk (I used soy)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup raw almonds (or nuts of choice, alternatively replace with dried fruit)
- 1 pear – cut into 2-3cm (1in cubes)
- 1/2 tbs ground cinnamon, plus more to garnish
- 2 tbs maple syrup (or preferred liquid sweetener)
- 3 tbs pepitas, to garnish
- Place quinoa in a pot with 1 1/3 cup of milk, maple syrup, pear, almonds and cinnamon, and boil until mixture has halved (8-10 minutes), stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add reserved soy milk and water to mixture, simmering until the porridge is thick and Quinoa has cooked (10-15 minutes).
- Top with pepitas, cinnamon and any fruit/nuts you enjoy eating.